Arkansas Sales Tax on Gold & Silver Bullion / Coins
The State of Arkansas requires the collection of sales taxes on certain products sold by BGASC and delivered to an Arkansas address. These taxes must be collected on (1) all precious metals products comprised of gold, silver, platinum, or palladium that do not meet the definition of bullion as defined by the state of Arkansas; (2) copper products; (3) accessory items; and (4) processed items. All other products sold by BGASC are exempt from these taxes.
The following definitions apply to products on which taxes must be collected in Arkansas:
- Bullion. Gold, silver, platinum, and palladium in the form of a bar, ingot, or coin.
- Coin. Items that currently are or previously were used solely as mediums of exchange by any state, the United States government or a foreign country AND are sold based on the intrinsic value of the coin as a precious metal or collectible item.
- Medium of Exchange. Coins or currency that are acceptable as a measure of value and a standard of exchange for goods and services.
- Accessory Items. Items such as holders, tubes, coin flips, and apparel.
- Processed Items. Precious metals that have been processed by third parties into items that are valued on more than their precious metal content, such as statues or colorized coins.
Sales taxes in Arkansas are calculated at checkout on the BGASC website based on (1) the taxability of products sold by BGASC in Arkansas set forth above, and (2) the specific tax rates established by the taxing jurisdiction of the delivery address in Arkansas. Additionally, Arkansas enacted legislation in 2021 that eliminated the taxability of certain items sold by BGASC. This new legislation went into effect on October 1, 2021. Our sales tax license number in Arkansas is 58718477-SLS.
If you are an Arkansas-based reseller and wish to file a Reseller Certificate with BGASC, please download the Arkansas Reseller Certificate form here. Once you have filled out this form, either email it to customerservice@BGASC.com; or mail it to Buy Gold and Silver Corp, 6125 Luther Lane #474, Dallas, TX 75225. Once we receive your completed Reseller Certificate, we will enter it into our system, and you will not be charged sales taxes on future orders as long as your Reseller Certificate remains valid and in force.
Please note: The above is not a comprehensive description of sales tax laws and requirements in the State of Arkansas. It is only intended to provide the reader with a brief overview of those sales tax laws and requirements currently in effect in the State of Arkansas that relate to the reader’s transactions with BGASC. If you would like to research the sales tax laws and requirements in the State of Arkansas, we suggest you visit the Arkansas Department of Finance and Administration located at https://www.dfa.arkansas.gov/.