St. Helena Silver Coins
St. Helena Silver Coins at BGASC
While large countries such as the USA, China, and even England have large footprints in the silver bullion world, the same can be said for smaller countries such as Niue and even smaller African nations. This includes the small island of St. Helena which issues coins through its partnership with the East India Company. St. Helena issues several unique coin collections that continue to captivate investors and collectors alike. Learn more about St. Helena Silver Coins, right here at BGASC.
Obverse Design of St. Helena Silver Coins
Modern St. Helena Silver Coins feature the effigy of the reigning British monarch on the obverse side of the coin. Designs over the years included many depictions of Queen Elizabeth II, and as of 2023, Glyn Davies’s King Charles III portrait is now featured.
Queen’s Virtues Series
This 6-coin collection features unique reverse designs that showcase allegorical figures that are found on the Queen Victoria Memorial in London. Unveiled in 1911, this memorial features a gilded statue of Winged Victory along with Constancy and Courage at her feet. Around the base of the statue, depictions of Justice, Truth, and Charity are shown. Raphael Maklouf’s effigy of Queen Elizabeth II is on the obverse while each coin shows a unique reverse of one of the 6 allegorical figures.
Coins are available in a 1 oz BU option, a 5 oz BU option, a 1 oz proof strike, and a 1 oz gilded option.
Una and the Lion Series
Debuting in 2020, this series pays homage to a famous coin in the reign of Queen Victoria. This gold coin was released in 1839 and showcased Una and the Lion on the reverse. The tale of Una and the Lion originated from the 1590 Edmund Spencer poem.
This series releases a new coin every year with a new depiction of Una and the Lion on the reverse. The obverse showcases the effigy of the reigning British monarch. Coins are also released in gold, proof strikes, and gilded options.
Trade Dollar Silver Coins
Among the first collections of coins from St. Helena is the Trade Dollar Series. This series of 1 oz silver coins features unique images of popular trade dollars from the 19th century on the reverse. This series offers a modern replica of these historic images. Each coin is a 1 Troy oz coin made from .999 pure silver with a limited mintage of 5,000.
- US Trade Dollar – Seated Liberty.
- British Trade Dollar – Britannia.
- French Trade Dollar – Libertas.
- Chinese Trade Dollar – Chinese dragon.
- Japanese Trade Dollar – Japanese dragon.
Other St. Helena Silver Coins
- 1 oz Athena Owl Coin: Made with .999 pure silver, this coin is a modern rendition of the popular Athenian Owl which dates back to the 5th century BC. This image is on the reverse while King Charles III is on the obverse.
- Faerie Queene Series: This series features captivating imagery from the Edmund Spencer poem, The Faerie Queene. This epic poem is over 36,000 lines long and stands as one of the longest works in the English language. Coins are available in a plastic flip, or even a display card.
- Pegasus Coins: These coins display the popular mythical creature on the reverse, designed by Jennie Norris. Coins are available individually in flips, sealed tubes, or Monster Boxes depending on the quantity.
Investing in St. Helena Silver Coins at BGASC
Contact the BGASC customer service team with any questions you may have about St. Helena Silver Coins. Our team can be reached via email, through our online chat feature, or by calling us at 888-992-4272.