- Product Details
- Shipping & Packaging
The Sigma Metalytics Precious Metal Verifier (PMV) PRO is a revolutionary device used to electronically determine if the metal in a precious metal coin or bar is as expected. No chemicals are used and no physical damage is done to the coin or bullion being tested. This handy, easy-to-use device can assist in identifying "fakes" and provide peace of mind to coin collectors, bullion investors, pawn shop owners, jewelry stores, and more, about their precious metals acquisitions.
The PMV PRO measures a coin or metal bar that is placed between two sensors. A signal measures the surface of the sample and then sends another signal completely through the sample. The signal passing through the sample is detected on the other side. In this way, we can measure the resistivity (or conductivity) of the metal. Using the two sensors we can also determine the thickness of the sample.
Sigma PMV PRO Highlights
- Measures completely through the sample
- Measures the sample thickness
- Confirms if metal density is correct
- Can read through numismatic cases/slabs, flips & plastic coin bags
- Reads the metal that makes up the bulk of the item - not coatings or plating
- Can be used with any precious metal
- Very fast: 1 second results
- No wet chemistry, no consumables, no scraping or filing
- Detects and prevents precious metal fakes & fraud
- Can assist in determining numismatic authenticity
- Easy to use, easy to program for additional sample types
- Portable & has long battery life
- Durable - no maintenance required
There are four measurements you can take with this instrument:
- Basic Verifier mode: The PMV Pro measures the characteristic resistance or resistivity of the sample, just under the surface of the metal.
- Thru Mode: In this mode the PMV Pro measures completely through the metal in the sample. It measures the characteristic resistance or resistivity completely through the sample.
- Thickness Measurement: The PMV Pro electronically measures the thickness of the sample.
- Dimension Verification: The PMV Pro allows you to enter the weight of the sample, then determine if the overall dimensions are consistent with the expected metal. In this way you can check the specific gravity of the sample.
Unlike in other testing methods, plating and surface features do not significantly impact the unit's ability to measure the underlying metal. Using electromagnetic waves that penetrate deeply into the coin or bar, plating and surface features are largely ignored, and the main body of metal assessed. The Verifier can see through plastic cases and bags, so numismatic coins do not need to be removed from slabs or protective holders.
How do I know which sensor to use?
The Large sensor on the unit can measure samples that are between 1.5 to 12.5 mm thick (2.5 mm minimum for platinum, palladium and gold alloys), and at least 32 mm in width or diameter mm.
The Small sensor on the unit is used for samples that are between .6 mm to 3.5 mm thick, and as least 15 mm in width of diameter. Items thicker than 12.5 mm will need to Refiners wand and can only be measured in the standard surface measurement manner.
The Refiners wand will detect tungsten under the surface of gold at a depth of 2.5 mm on each side of the sample.
The Small Wand can be used to measure items too small for the small sensor on the main unit and can accurately measure items as thin as 8 mm in diameter. It has a sensor spot size of 3 mm.
Within the PMV PRO the user selects the metal that the sample is expected to be. Many standard metals are stored in the Precious Metal Verifier and can be selected by the user. For example, for gold coins the user can select pure gold, 22 K gold, 90% gold, or American eagle gold; for silver, pure silver, sterling silver, 90% silver. and Britannia silver. Pure platinum, palladium, rhodium, and copper also have stored values. Each of these coin and bullion metals will produce a unique reading on the Precious Metal Verifier. Even small changes in alloy make a big difference in the readings on the Precious Metal Verifier.
Precious Metals Verifier Bullion Set SM2601S4 includes:
- Sigma Metalytics Precious Metal Verifier PRO Unit Main Sensor
- Small Wand Sensor
- Refiner's Wand Sensor
- Calibration Disc
- USB Charger
- Protective Carrying Case
- User Guide
Our preferred shipping carrier is the United States Postal Service via either First Class, Priority, or Express Mail depending on value and weight. (Occasionally we ship monster boxes and a limited number of other items UPS or FedEx depending on the delivery address. If you have carrier restrictions please contact us.)
Your products are carefully inspected and securely wrapped in protective packaging prior to shipment. When your order is dispatched you will receive an email to let you know your item has been shipped.
Every single package we ship is sent with full shipping insurance for its time in transit. Our Shipping & Insurance page contains our full and complete policy.
|U.S. Shipping Rates|
|Your Order Amount||Rate|
|less than $5,000||$6.95|
|Canada Shipping Rates|
|Shipping rates to Canada are based on weight and volume of order. Please add items to your shopping cart and begin checkout process to view shipping rate.|
Measurement Display Explained:
Working With Silver Bars:
Working With Gold Bars Sealed In Assay:
Fake Samples Demonstration:
Buying Gold And Silver Coins With BGASC Is Convenient And Secure
BGASC is Fast, Reliable, and Trusted. All orders of $5,000 or more Ship FREE. Our prices are ultra-competitive and there is no order minimum. We have NO hidden fees, NO commissioned sales, and we don't do phone solicitation calls either. All shipments are packaged securely, discreetly and are fully insured until a signature is obtained. We accept payment by VISA, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express as well as Bank Wire and Paper Check. Your prices are locked in when checkout is completed. Customers all across the country have quickly come to recognize BGASC as one of the largest, fastest, most trusted online precious metals dealers in the U.S.