Frequently Asked Questions at BGASC
On this page you'll find answers to some of the most Frequently Asked Questions here at BGASC. Click on any of the topics below to expand, view, and learn. If you don't find the answer you're looking for on this page, feel free to contact us with any further questions.
Buying From Us
- Who can buy from BGASC?
BGASC is open for business to the general public, shipping to customers within the United States (including APO / FPO addresses). Whether you want to purchase a single silver coin or a large quantity of gold bars, we look forward to serving you.
Please Note: In order to comply with certain regulations relating to which products can be shipped to specific locations, we must adhere to the following shipping restrictions:
Minnesota: We do not ship to the state of Minnesota due to a Minnesota state law regulating the sales of bullion coins.
- How can I buy from BGASC?
Buying precious metals from BGASC is easy and secure. You can place an order online 24/7/365. Visit our Accepted Payment Methods page for detailed information accepted payment methods.
- How do I open an account with BGASC?
Opening an account with BGASC is easy and free. Simply click here to create a user account. You will receive email confirmation when your account is created.
It is not required to create an account to place an order with us. You may checkout as a "guest" if you'd prefer. However, if you create a member account you can store your billing / shipping address information for easier ordering in the future, easily view your order history online, save product wish lists, and more.
- What are the benefits of creating an online member account with BGASC?
Opening a member account allows you to:
- Place orders faster
- Track your order status online
- View your order history
- Save product Wish Lists
- Receive special account holder offer notifications
Click Here to Create An Account
- Is my personal and financial information secure?
Yes. BGASC prides itself on a Secure Shopping Experience. Our website and fullfillment center are PCI Compliant and fully tested.
- Can I change my order?
No. To ensure fast order processing for our customers, our system is automated, therefore making it very difficult and time consuming to modify an order after it has been confirmed. In addition, by the time you've made your purchase, our trading desk has likely made their own trade based on your purchase, and our trade cannot be reversed.
You can view our Cancellation & Market Loss Policy on our Terms & Conditions page.
- I am having trouble ordering on your website. What do I do?
Please make sure your internet browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, etc.) is up to date and that you allow it to accept cookies. If you still continue to experience difficulties ordering online, feel free to call us to place your order over the phone.
- When are my prices locked in?
Your prices and contractual trade are locked in when you place your order and you are issued an order confirmation number. Refer to our Terms & Conditions page for policy details.
- Do you offer a discount for paying by Bank Wire?
Yes. We offer a discount on our products when you pay by Bank Wire because it offers us a lower transactional cost than debit/credit cards and Paypal.
- Do you offer a discount on large purchases?
On many items that are available in larger quantities, we offer further discounted prices when purchased in bulk. Quantity discount prices are listed on each item page when available, however if you are interested in a large quantity not listed on the website, feel free to contact us to inquire.
- Do you employ commissioned sales people?
No. None of our employees are paid commission. There are no hidden fees when shopping with BGASC.
- How are your prices determined?
Our prices are based on the current up-to-the-minute market spot prices of gold, silver, platinum and palladium in addition to our fractional, competitive markup.
- Do you charge Sales Tax?
BGASC is required by law to collect sales tax on certain items shipping to some states. Please note that in many states, Gold & Silver bullion coins and bars are sales tax exempt. Click on our Sales Tax Information page to find out if sales tax will apply to your order.
- What methods of payment do you accept?
Visit our Accepted Payment Methods page for detailed information accepted payment methods.
- Do you accept PayPal?
Yes. Simply add items to your shopping cart, select Credit Card / Debit Card / PayPal as your payment method.
- Do you accept Electronic Checks (eChecks or ACH)?
We accept Electronic Checks (eChecks) from Deluxe as well as ACH payments as long as you can initiate them from your bank. We provide you with our bank account and routing and you tell your bank to send the payment to our account once your order total is locked in. Otherwise you can pay by Bank Wire or mail a Paper Check to our PO Box. Visit our Accepted Payment Methods page for detailed information on accepted payment methods.
- What is this $1 transaction I see on my credit card?
At the time you place your order, we submit a pre-authorization for $1 to make sure all of your credit card information is correct. This is only an authorization and will not actually charge to your card. As a result, the $1 authorization will disappear in 3-5 days.
- How do I pay via Bank Wire transfer?
Our complete Bank Wire order policy and instructions can be found on our Payment Methods page here. Remember to include your order number in the memo notes area on the bank wire form and include your name AND address (including city, state, and zip) on the form. An order minimum may apply to pay by Bank Wire. We also require a valid credit card to secure your order, even when paying by Bank Wire. Your credit card WILL NOT be charged on a Bank Wire order, unless we do not receive your bank wire payment in the required time frame. Bank Wire orders that do not receive payment on time are subject to cancellation and cancellation fees as outlined in our Cancellation and Market Loss Policies.
- How soon do you need my Bank Wire payment?
Once you've placed your order, you must ensure that we have received your payment within (2) two business days on orders under $25,000 (USD) and by the next business day on orders more than $25,000 (USD). BGASC reserves the right to cancel orders that do not meet this requirement which may subject you to our Cancellation and Market Loss Policy. Orders paid by bank wire usually ship in 1-3 business days of payment received.
- How do I know if you've received my Check or Bank Wire payment?
We send you a confirmation email the day we receive your Paper Check or Bank Wire payment. (Please Note: If a bank wire is sent near the end of bank hours for that day, we may receive it and send your confirmation email the following business morning.)
Shipping & Delivery
- How much do you charge for shipping?
You can view all of our shipping rates on our Shipping & Insurance policy page
- How do you ship?
Our preferred shipping carrier is the United States Postal Service via either First Class, Priority, or Express Mail depending on the value and weight of the order. Occasionally we ship monster boxes and a limited number of other items UPS or FedEx depending on the delivery address. (If you have carrier restrictions please contact us.) We require a signature at time of delivery on almost all transactions over $500. Our liability and insurance ceases without exception, the moment the package is deemed delivered by the carrier, without exception. Refer to our Shipping & Insurance Policy page for details and shipping rates.
- Do you ship internationally?
No. BGASC currently only ships to addresses within the United States. However, in order to comply with certain regulations relating to which products can be shipped to specific locations, we must adhere to the following restrictions:
- Canada: We can only ship precious metals products into Canada that are at least .995 fine Silver, Gold, or Platinum. Further, we cannot ship any privately minted Gold or Silver Rounds to Canada (government minted coins and silver bars are ok). Shipping rates for Canadian orders are based on the total weight of the order. View Shipping Rate Information
- Minnesota: We do not ship to the state of Minnesota due to a Minnesota state law regulating the sales of bullion coins.
- Can I ship my order to a location other than my billing address?
Yes. Orders paid for by bank wire can be shipped to an address different from your credit card's billing address. However, all orders paid for by credit card, debit card, and Paypal must be shipped to your verified card or Paypal billing address. (Orders may be held until this information is verified.)
Additionally, please note that we do not ship to mail drop locations or 3rd party private postal boxes such as The UPS Store or Mailboxes Etc. unless payment is made by bank wire.
- How will my order be packaged for shipment?
Getting your valuable precious metals order into your hands safely and on time is our top priority. All of our shipments are packaged carefully and discretely. Our return address on shipping labels does not contain our business name nor does it give any indication of the contents inside.
- Can you ship my order to a post office box?
Yes. Orders requesting shipment to a United States Postal Service P.O. Box will be shipped via United States Postal Service (USPS). Any products that cannot be delivered to a P.O. Box will be clearly indicated on the item's product page on our website. Additionally, please note that we do not ship to mail drop locations or 3rd party private postal boxes such as The UPS Store or Mailboxes Etc. unless the order is paid for by bank wire. We require a signature at delivery on almost all transactions.
- Is my package insured while in transit?
Yes, BGASC insures all of its shipments. Should anything happen while your package is in transit to you it will be covered by our insurance policy underwritten by Lloyd's of London. Refer to our Shipping & Insurance Policy page for details.
PLEASE NOTE! We will not accept responsibility if:
- You have instructed any carriers or delivery service to leave parcels un-attended for you without the need for a signature
- You have given carriers or delivery service instructions to leave your package with someone else such as a neighbor, building manager, general mail box, or drop-off location such as Mail Boxes etc. The UPS Store, etc. Do not attempt to re-route your package without calling us first, otherwise our insurance will end.
When we ship to you, if metals are lost or damaged in transit, it is our responsibility to pursue any claim with the insurance company. If we determine the package is lost or damaged, we file a claim. We reserve the right to re-ship your items or refund your money at our discretion. Please note that BGASC will not be responsible for reimbursements or insurance claims on packages that the carrier deems successfully delivered. Our liability and insurance ceases without exception, the moment the package is deemed delivered by the carrier, without exception.
- How long will it take to receive my package?
When we ship your order depends on your method of payment and how long it takes to reach you depends on which shipping method you choose. BGASC generally packs and ships your order according to the following:
- Credit/Debit Card Orders: Typically ship within 1-3 business days from the day we process your card. (This may depend on your previous order history and order amount.)
- Bank Wire Orders: Typically ship within 1-5 business days after funds clear.
Please refer to our Shipping & Insurance policy page for available shipping methods and transit times.
- Does BGASC ever back order items?
BGASC makes every effort possible to avoid backorders, however on rare occasion supply and demand issues come up. If this should happen, please allow us an additional day or three to pack and ship any surge in orders.
Returns, Cancellations & Market Loss Policy
- Do you accept returns?
We have a 3-day Return Policy. See our Terms & Conditions Page for our complete Return Policy including which items are applicable and how to initiate a return.
Please Note: Items purchased from BGASC through other shopping channels (i.e. eBay) have their own return policies stated on their individual platforms.
- Can I cancel my order?
Not without incurring a $35 cancellation fee plus market loss charges if applicable. Click Here to view our Cancellation and Market Loss Policy which all customers agree to at checkout. Orders must be cancelled within twenty-four (24) hours or prior to shipment, whichever comes first. Please take the time to double and triple-check your order before placing it, to make sure you are buying exactly what you want. Order cancellation requests and approvals must be made by telephone during normal business hours.
- What is your Market Loss Policy?
Click Here to view our Cancellation and Market Loss Policy which all customers agree to at checkout.
- Can I change my order after my order is confirmed?
No. To ensure fast order processing for our customers our system is automated making it very difficult and time consuming to modify an order after it has been confirmed. In addition, just after you've made your purchase, it's likely that our internal trading desk has placed trades to replenish stock that cannot be reversed. If you absolutely must change your order, you would need to cancel your current order, accept the cancellation fees, and place a new order. Please take the time to double and triple-check your order before placing it, to make sure you are buying exactly what you want.
You can view our Cancellation & Market Loss Policy on our Terms & Conditions page.
Selling To Us
- What is the minimum amount I can sell to BGASC?
To continue to be the most efficient and deliver the best prices to you, we are only able to buy from the public at certain minimum amounts. The minimum units for the different products we buy are displayed on our Selling Page. If you are selling more than one type of item, you only need to meet the minimum on one of the items you are selling to us.
Example: Our minimum for American Silver Eagles is 40, and for Canadian Silver Maple Leafs it is 50, you could sell us 40 American Silver Eagles and just 1 Silver Maple in the same transaction because you met the minimum for at least 1 item.
Additionally: Trades totaling less than $1,500 require a $35 fee that will be deducted from the payout amount.
- How should I ship my silver and gold to BGASC?
When shipping silver or gold to BGASC make sure you follow these simple guidelines:
- Make sure you print out your Sales confirmation and include it in the box with your metals. This is required to match up your shipment with your order in our system. Failure to include it will delay processing a payment.
- When packing your box please make sure to pad the contents and verify that nothing moves in the box. Preventing shifting of the contents in transit will help maintain the integrity of your box.
- The package should be well taped. It is often a good idea to cover the entire area of the box with Tape.
- Always remember that all shipping companies can be cruel to boxes, great effort should be taken to secure the contents of the package in case it is dropped.
- What are the payment options when selling to BGASC?
When you sell your silver or gold to BGASC you will by default be paid with a paper check sent through USPS Priority Mail. Alternatively, all trades are eligible for faster payment via Bank Wire for a $25 fee. Payments are issued starting the 2nd business day after product is received and verified.
- How do I contact BGASC?
Visit our Contact Page for our email address, mailing address, phone number and hours of operation.