5 oz Silver Bars
5 oz Silver Bars at BGASC
One of the most popular weight options for silver bars is 5 oz Silver Bars. These bars offer a substantial amount of silver content with a .999 or .9999 pure silver purity. With several mints producing silver bars in this size, you’ll notice that there are many to choose from at BGASC. Learn more about 5 oz Silver Bars at BGASC, right here.
A minted ingot is a bar that starts as a blank. A blank is a piece of metal that’s in the shape of a bar but is smooth with no design elements. Blanks are loaded into a machine that applies thousands of pounds of pressure to stamp the design onto the blank.
Some popular minted ingot options at BGASC are the following:
- SilverTowne Buffalo Bar: One of the most popular coin designs is the Buffalo Nickel, designed by James Earle Fraser in 1913. These coins featured the right-profile relief portrait of an American Indian male on the obverse and the left-profile relief image of an American Buffalo on the reverse. These well-known designs can now be seen on this .999 pure silver bar, from SilverTowne. Silver Bars are sealed individually in mint plastic.
- American Flag Bar: Another popular SilverTowne product is the American Flag Bar. This popular minted ingot displays the 13 stripes and 50 stars of the American flag on the obverse, with identifying marks of the bar on the reverse. Each bar is packaged in protective plastic with larger orders being available in boxes of 100.
- Prospector Bar: These minted ingots feature the well-known SilverTowne Prospector on both sides of the bar. This image shows a prospector guiding his mule while wielding a pickaxe. Bars have a purity of .999 pure silver.
Cast Silver Bars
Cast bars represent the earliest form of bars made by human civilizations. Silver shot or ingots are poured into a mold that is completely enclosed. The silver is heated, typically using induction technology, before being cooled. This form of producing silver bars gives them a distinctive look and feel.
Some popular 5 oz silver cast bars at BGASC are the following:
- Pony Bar: This cast bar, struck by SilverTowne, is part of a series that creates these Pony Bars in several unique sizes. This bar showcases a Pony Express rider on the obverse along with identifying marks of the bar. Each bar has a purity of .999 pure silver and arrives in a protective plastic sleeve.
- Italpreziosi Cast Bar: The smallest cast bar in the newest product line from Italpreziosi is the 5 oz Cast Silver Bar. This .999 pure silver bar features the mint logo, identifying marks, and a unique serial number on the obverse. Bars arrive in individual plastic bags and come with a Certificate of Authenticity.
Hand-poured bars are similar to cast bars but undergo a slightly different process. Molten silver is poured into a mold and allowed to cool. One side of the mold is left exposed. This process gives each bar a unique handmade feel.
Some popular hand-poured options are the following:
- Double Axe Viking Bar: Struck by Monarch Metals, this hand-poured bar is made from .999 pure silver. Each bar showcases a Viking wielding two axes on the obverse with a ship on the reverse. These bars are part of Monarch’s Viking Series and arrive inside a leather pouch.
- MK Barz Eagle Bar: This popular option from MK Barz is also made from .999 pure silver. This unique hand-poured bar displays an American bald eagle on the obverse with a repeating MK Barz logo on the reverse. Each bar comes with protective plastic packaging.
Investing in 5 oz Silver Bars at BGASC
Contact the dedicated BGASC customer service team at 888-992-4272 with any questions you may have regarding these 5 oz Silver Bars. Our team is also readily available via email or through our online chat feature.